E3Alarm not working

I have alarms defined in E#Alarm.

Some of them work, some of them do not.

The inputs are being seen as the tag changes under the drivers but the alarms do not actuate.

Sometimes I add an alarm and it works, sometimes I add an alarm and it does not.

Any thoughts?

Hi Tracy!

Does E3Alarm have any filters?
What is the data type and alarm type?

It is the same with all alarm types.

I thought I had it figured out in that new alarms didn’t seem to work if added while the domain was running but worked if added when the domain was not running. That does not seem to be the case.

It is very frustrating. I have quite a few alarms defined and some work and some do not.

They are all Modbus TCP inputs discrete, digital and analog alarm types. The input changes are being seen when I look at the input under the drivers and opc headings but, the alarms do not activate inside E3.

Please send the E3 log files (C:\eeLogs\E3), the application files and let me know the alarms that is not working.

My e-mail is pgustavo@elipse.com.br.

The discrete alarms are working. It seems to be the analog alarms that I am having an issue with.

Am checking a few things now.

Hi Tracy!

The problem is that the analog alarm sub-condition “Event” option is enabled (see image below) and the E3Alarm filter is configured to show only alarms (not events).

Anota%C3%A7%C3%A3o%202019-02-19%20113324

Changing that to a non event, did not correct my issues.

I followed the idea you had and went into filters under alarms and switched it to events and alarms.

All alarms are working like a champ now.

Thanks,
Tracy