Problem with Remote Domain setting

Hi Sirs,
I have a problem with Remote Domain setting up and need your help:
I follow the instructions of how to setup a Remote Domain using Local alias via below elipse link
https://kb.elipse.com.br/en/using-local-alias-to-set-up-a-remote-domain-server-application/.

• I created 2 projects: one for Local Project (Local domain) and one for Remote project (Remote Domain). In local Domain i setup Remote Domains with local alias (Local_Domain) and the path of Domain file and the Computer name of Local Domain as below pic
  • In the Local Domain, i create one screen using local tags via Local_Domain then i copy this screen to the Remote domain but we had one problem that:
  • At Local Domain the IO tag with blue link (OK) as below picture
  • At Remote Domain the IO tag with Red link (Not OK) as below pic

=> So the Remote domain could not get the information of Local IO tag at Local Domain. I found one information on the above link that we should you Elipse E3’s Local Alias tool to setting up Local Remote Domain architecture. But how to find this tool from Elipse?

Additional information:

• We used two Elipse Studio keys to run Remote domain application for testing
  • in Remote computer (Remote Domain) we setup Remote domain task as below pic, where T:\Local_Domain.dom -> T is the network driver that sharing Local Domain to Remote domain access

Hope you can share your experiences with setting up Remote Domain application!

BRs,
NTV

@Hero_ac

If you can access the .dom file of de Local Domain, by the Remote Domain, the configuration about the permissions probably are ok.

I can see an error analysing your image with the Remote Domain and de Local Domain configuration. The pathname parameters(Domain File) isn’t the same in this two cases.

In the Local Domain, your Pathname is> D:\local_Domain\Local_Domain.dom

IMG1

But in the Remote Domain, when you declared the Local Domain pathname(Domain File), you declare:

T:\Local_Domain.dom

See, the parameter description is:

- Specify the path of the .dom file of the Remote Domain. This path must be a network sharing that allows access to this .dom file.

- Inform the name of the main server, which must be the server containing the Remote Domain specified by the .dom file path. This configuration is used to find Remote Domain objects at run time.

In other words, the pathname correct to declare in Domain File parameter, in Remote Domain configuration is exactly the same you put when you created the Local Domain using the Local Alias logic.

D:\local_Domain\Local_Domain.dom

Obs.:

1. The both Domains needs to bee running in the test
  2. The Firewall and DCOM config needs to be applied in the both machines. https://kb.elipse.com.br/en/dcom-and-firewall-settings-in-windows-7-for-elipse-applications/
  3. The complete Remote Domains description are listed in the “Elipse Power users Guide”, topic> Domains > Remote Domains.

After you make this modifies, you must see by the AppBrowser of the Remote Domain, the Local Domain data objects through the Remote Domain.